Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The 10,000 Reasons Challenge


I wanted to share this with you,

This Lenten challenge that is rocking my world.

You can read about it here and here.

If you'd like to participate, here are the basic guidelines: 

"[H]ere's my Lenten goal,

Not really a fast, but a refocusing:


  • To count a minimum of 10 reasons - 10 God-centric reasons - each and every day during this season to worship God, including (but not necessarily limited to) aspects of His character and displays of His power.
  • To find one Scripture reference for each reason so that I know I'm not just making this up, making sure that the Scripture supports the reason when taken in context.
  • To let this exercise bring me closer to God, that I might know Him better and know Him for who He is, that I might worship the God of the Bible, not some idol I've formed in my mind through the things I've heard and my own misconceptions."


 

6 comments:

Laurie Collett said...

What an excellent Lenten devotional idea! We serve an awesome God Who is worthy to be praised!
Thanks so much for visiting & commenting on Saved by Grace! Your blog is a blessing and I am now following it, and I invite you to follow Saved by Grace also:
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/
Love in Him,
Laurie Collett

Mary said...

Oh, thank you, Laurie! We really do serve an awesome God - all praise and glory and honor to Him! I'm so glad that God has blessed you through my imperfect words . . . and thank you for following the occasional ramblings we share here. It's such a blessing! Also, though I do post over here along with many others who have good, true words to say, I tend to blog more often on my own site (http://maryschieferstein.blogspot.com/). Just wanted to let you know. God bless you!

Unknown said...

Wow very good! I am so blessed you commented on my blog so I found yours, I love this, and it seems pretty transparent to me. Thank you for the encouragement and prayers!

Galen Pearl said...

Thanks for calling this to our attention. It is indeed a wonderful way to rejoice in God's word.

Mary said...

Oh, thank you, Tesha, but it's all Him - His work in me, not anything of my own hands. I do try to be transparent in my blogging - it's in real life that I tend to have more of a problem :). It's my pleasure to do whatever I can to encourage and support you, so I am happy to pray for you in this time. God bless you!

Mary said...

Thank you, Galen! It's all Him, all Him. And, yes, it's wonderful! So, so wonderful!